As promised, the next set of 25 best lies he will tell you to make your heart tremble. The lies that make you speechless. The words designed to wrap around your heart and mind to sweep you off your feet and run to him with arms wide open because… because…well, you just know, you feel he needs only you.
After all, he’s told you this over and over. How much he needs you. How much he runs to you. How much you’ve got him. Or how much he’s got you. You are at a loss for words. But you know he’s got you. With his beck and call, you’ll run. Drop whatever you’re doing and go to him. His plan is working.
You’re not exactly sure why it’s working so fast, so quickly, so rapidly. You have no idea why this man has you wrapped around his little finger the way he does, but he did it. And he did it in a matter of days, or hours, even.
His audience,you, enraptured with the thought of sweet promises. You’ve given him the key. You wait up for him. After hours, wait up for him. His car is parked outside between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. Or between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m. Or between noon and 1:30. How about from 5 to 7:30 p.m.? Getting the idea here? Restricted hours?
But the words he tells you make it ok. It feels so good to you and him. His words make everything sound so right. Of course they do.He’s watched you, read you, listened to you and is now playing back a newer version of you. The psychopath’s version. What a guy. All in a matter of weeks he was able to choose you, figure out your idiosyncrasies, and spit them back out at you to make you believe that he is so much like you. What a match for you. How long have you known him now? Ten days? He’s a quick one to make you feel like this, that psychopath.
Red Flags #4, as promised, the lies, the words designed to make you feel special or wanted or you just might be the one in his life to turn it around and be his one and only. Remember, these are words many people say to each other. These words are said out of context after only a few days. That isn’t normal behavior. Or is it?
1. I don’t sleep around, that’s not my style.
2. I’ve only slept with…let’s see…probably 6 or 7 women in my life.
3. I don’t really drink, maybe I’ll have a beer when I’m out with a friend, but that’s really a rare time.
4. Drugs? Nope.
5. My wife and I don’t have sex anymore. Haven’t in years. It’s a sad situation. That’s what makes me so happy I finally found a woman like you.
6. Interested in other women? Why would you say that? You’re the only one for me.
7. I’ve never been experimental in sex, never had the opportunity. Wish I could have. Thought I was freak to think I wanted to.
8. When I’m with a woman in a relationship, I’m with her only.
9. Who? No, I don’t know that woman you just mentioned. (yet you have proof.)
10. I always use a condom.
11. I could never lie to you, you’re too important to me, don’t you see that?
12. My only sexual fantasies are about you, is that ok with you? I hope you don’t mind….
13. Believe me, if we have sex, it won’t change the way I feel about you.
14. Of course I don’t want you for sex only.
15. No, I’ve never had rough sex, or alternative sex, or BDSM. That’s not what I’m into.
16. I’d never do anything to hurt you.
17. It’s you and me babe, I want to grow old with you, forever.
18. I’ll always take care of you, aren’t you my responsibility?
19. I’ve never done this before…you know, had an affair.
20. I’ve never been in therapy, ever.
21. I’d like you even if you were a man.
22. Don’t worry, I’ll stand behind you if you get pregnant, after all, I want you to have my child.
23. My wife/gf was a whore/whored around, I can see you’re not like that.
24. Women should be put on pedestals, like you.
25. I adore you.
Do any of these sound confusing to you? Especially when said to you right at the outset of meeting a new man? Some of these comments wouldn’t be shared with someone you’ve just met. Some of them are personal. Some of them designed to confuse you, some to frustrate you. Most of them, a lot of them, all of them? Are lies when spewed from the mouth of the true psychopath.
When the pathological liar, when a psychopath begin to asses his victim, he must move quickly. He assesses, he learns everything he can, then he moves in for the kill. I don’t use that word lightly. Some psychopaths do murder. Some psychopaths are quite violent. At some point in the relationship, there will be a down turn, and he will lose interest in you. The honeymoon phase will end, he will begin to look elsewhere, and the berating will begin. He may hold on to you for his own personal reasons, he may not. Regardless, your so-called belief as an object of affection with a soul mate that you couldn’t believe was possible has now ended. He has now finished playing with his toy.
- Psychopath Spotting (bigthink.com)
All works past, present and future are protected under a CCC. Creative Common License, Kaarie Blake Musings by Kaarie Blake is licensed under a Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Noderivs-3.0-Unported License